Tuesday, July 1, 2014

No Card Class this week, just a pretty card


I won't be having a class this week, in honor of Independence Day. I hope you have some festive plans with family and loved ones.
This is a "Card in a Box" style card with a bit of a twist.
I made this card to fit a 5x7 envelope. I wanted it to be different than other box cards. So, instead of making it have 3 flaps, it has just 2 and they are held down with ribbon.
I used a lot of paper flowers, leaves, a butterfly and even some vines from my yard.
I made this for a dear friend of mine who recently lost her husband. I wanted it to be a sort of "Memory Garden" for her. It also has a beautiful poem on the back.
I hope you enjoy it and try one yourself. It's much more easy than you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at:

Stampinwithmimi@verizon.net